Hey friends! We at Creative Market are starting a new weekly blog post series called Design Industry News, and this is our first one! Below, you'll find a weekly round up of stories from our community, what's happening in the design and tech industries, our favorite new product picks, tutorials that may inspire you to create new products, and a little bit of inspiration too. Enjoy!
- Discovering Your Passion & Sticking with One Pursuit: Creative Market shop owner Sean McCabe runs a Podcast. One of the episodes this week explores how you discover your passion and whether you should stick with just the one pursuit.
- 8 Detrimental Design Habits to Break Today: This week, GoMedia explains the few common mistakes that may be holding you back from achieving your full potential.
- 20 Free Fonts and Headings for Titles: Picking a new font for your headings just got a whole lot easier thanks to GraphicsFuel.
- Create a Flat iOS7 App Icon in Photoshop: GraphicsFuel brings you a handy tutorial showing you the techniques behind creating a flat iOS7 style App Icon.
- What's Cool for Designers This Week: A fantastic collection of useful goodies for designers put together by seller Alex Ionescu.
- 20 Bokeh Photos: Inspiration: UltraLinx shares a round-up of 20 beautiful Boken Photos.
- 5 Plugins That Improve The WP Comments System: WPExplorer featured 5 handy plugins to improve the WordPress comments system.
- Top 10 Tactics for Running an Online Business: InspirationFeed posted some handy tactics to help you run your online business.
- Foundation 5: Last week, Zurb launched it's latest round of this popular responsive front-end framework.
- Square Market Holiday Giveaway: This holiday season, you can win your wishlist on Square Market, courtesy of Give with Character.
- Virb Designer Portfolios: Our friends at Virb launched new features with designer portfolios in mind, which includes a new Dribbble integration.
- Seth Godin’s Bootstrapper Manifesto: FREE through December 31st, this in-depth PDF guide presents some brilliant ideas about bootstrapping a business idea with little to no money from a brilliant mind.
- Google Ventures' New Website: A new site redesign for this highly watched Google branch, located online at gv.com.
- FiftyThree Pencil: a new digital-to-physical drawing product to pair with tablets, by FiftyThree — the folks who created the Paper App.
Ken, the latest addition to the Creative Market team has enjoyed browsing the site and discovering all of the amazing products in our marketplace. He found Nina Magra's shop, and completely fell in love with all of the incredible design resources in it. Be sure to check out her work including the flat illustrations depicted below.
Sarah couldn't be more excited for Christmas, and this template for a letter to Santa is her favorite in the marketplace this week. It's easy to download and use right away to bring a little more holiday cheer into your life.
Maryam just can't get enough of Gentil. It's a fun and charming typeface that can be used for a multitude of designs. Plus, it's now on sale for a limited time.
- Method & Craft: Harmonious Color Schemes by Erica Schoonmaker: Learn everything that goes into creating the perfect harmonious color scheme with this tutorial.
- Skillshare: Introduction to Lettering by Jessica Hische: Now you can learn how to create a drop letterform from your favorite book.
- Smashing Magazine: Intro to Photoshop Scripting: Learn how to automate some of your Photoshop tasks with this handy tutorial.